East Asia Institute of Management (EASB) delivers desired results by identifying and teaching skills, knowledge and behaviors in delivering the training and development needs of employees, jobseekers and individuals locally and globally.
This module aims to equip participants with knowledge and application skills to gather, organise and promote Singapore’s tourism industry.
Upon completion, participants will have the knowledge and application skills to obtain tourism information and deliver them in promotion of Singapore. These include:
- Identifying potential needs of visitors to Singapore
- Identifying sources of tourism information
- Obtaining and organizing tourism information
- Keeping tourism information up to date
- Communicating tourism information to visitors as according to their needs
- Providing recommendations to visitors
- Directing visitors to more detailed information
Methods of Learning
We use a number of experiential methods of learning in this module:
- Experiential learning with practical role-plays
- Exercises and case studies
- group discussions
2 days- 12hours
Participants should be able to speak, listen and read English at a proficiency level not lower than the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification (ESS WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4
GCE ‘N’ Level with minimum credit in English and Mathematics
Who should attend
Seasoned industry professionals seeking to up-skill their capability New entrants to the industry
Individuals seeking career transition opportunities
Full Course Fee: $449.40 inclusive of GST (before SSG funding)
(Note: SSG funding will be revised from Oct 2017 onwards)
* SSG FUNDING
– SSG funding is applicable to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents only
– SSG funding is up to 90% of the course fee.
– SSG funding is subject to SSG’s approval.
– Applicant will pay the nett fee upon acceptance into the course.
90% of the course fee plus GST shall be paid to EASB in any of the following circumstances:
1) SSG does not approve the funding application.
2) SSG revokes the funding for whatever reason.
3) The participant does not fulfil minimum 75% attendance and/or fail any of the assessment components (e.g. written test, assignment, case study, etc) in any competency unit.
4) The participant breaches any of the terms and conditions of the course or funding grant.
This course is conducted in English.
(Registration is opened. Course commencement is subjected to minimum class size)
TIME AND FEES
Participants must attain at least 75% of attendance in order to be eligible for SSG Grant and assessments.
Participants are required to undertake assessments
Participants who have successfully demonstrated competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements in this programme will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).